Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community, located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Recreation Assistant!
This position offer flexible evening hours (4p-8p) during the week and every other weekend (9-5:30 or 4p-8).
- Prepares monthly calendar of events, network to create ideas for providing a variety of different programs. Escort resident to and from programs on and off their prospective unit. Must be flexible with work hours and work at least one week-end day per month. Keep an energetic outlook to provide and encourage active participation. Take out trips for community integration. Meet with new admission to make a mini assessment on their leisure interest and pursuits. Keep a daily log of those who participate in programs.
- Encourages, participates, and actively contributes to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures and programs.
- Participates as a team member by maintaining a positive, cooperative, and collaborative attitude with coworkers and supervisors.
- Adheres to the agency’s code of conduct, knows the related rules, regulations and standards of the position and carries out job responsibilities in an ethical, effective, and professional manner and in compliance with all requirements. Immediately reports concerns to the immediate Supervisor or the Compliance Officer.
- Maintains a safe environment for residents/clients, employees, and visitors by taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e., wipes, moves obstructions, etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to supervisor immediately, removes broken equipment from service.
- Recognizes the need for excellent internal and external customer service and actively engages in same.
- Explains procedure(s) to residents/clients and informs of delays or changes.
- Serves as resident/client advocate.
- Resolves customer concerns by taking prompt, active steps. Works at resolution of a problem until the customer is satisfied.
- Assists the Director of Therapeutic Recreation in the development and delivery of all social, cultural and therapeutic programming.
- Encourages residents to become involved in their surroundings and partake of the cultural, social and therapeutic programs offered.
- Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends health care and non health care professionals, visitors, vendors, Federal, State and local regulatory agencies
- Assists with the development, recruitment and retention of volunteers
- Assists with the development of an outreach program advocating the interaction between residents and their community in an enlightening, constructive and enriching environment
- Adheres to the resident Plan of Care outlining specific needs/interests as they relate to social, cultural and therapeutic programs
- Assists with the completion of the MDS 3.0 and resident Plan of Care
- Assists the Director of Therapeutic Recreation with the ordering and maintaining of an adequate inventory of all necessary equipment and supplies
- Assists residents to and from social, cultural and therapeutic programs
- Practices Universal Precautions, practices the proper handling and disposal of all infected equipment, materials and linens.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Experience: Two to three years experience in recreational programming in a skilled nursing, assisted living, or memory support facility
Education/Training: High School diploma/GED required; Bachelors degree in Recreation Therapy preferred, not required
Technology: Basic computer skills required
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.