Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking an LPN!
Full-Time, Par-Time and Per Diem opportunities are available!
Responsible for all nursing care delivered on the unit during assigned shift.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Reviews and updates care plans for assigned residents and provides ongoing communication regarding resident.
- Delivers direct resident care within scope of practice and consistently performs all nursing interventions required.
- Reports emergent information to Unit Manager/Supervisor and documents all pertinent information with assigned staff.
- Consistently and willingly assists other team members in providing care to unassigned residents.
- Provides nursing care in conformance with established nursing standards and procedures, provides direct resident care as needed.
- Initiates and follows through on appropriate interventions in the event of a cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Reports all injury or faulty/missing equipment.
- Administers correct medications to identified resident within one hour of scheduled time. Reports all medication errors, monitors and documents adverse reactions to medication.
- Ensures resident safety, completing all incident reports immediately in all required situations.
- Attends all meetings and inservices directed by the DON/Unit Manager and meets all assigned deadlines.
- Participates in the implementation of unit changes.
- Maintains CPR certification and current licenses.
- Alerts DON to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory requirements as directed by DON.
- Assists with meal time delivery at one resident meal time daily or as directed by the DON.
- Enters all pertinent medication information, medicine treatments, nursing notes, etc. into the EMR correctly and appropriately.
- Oversees CNA completion of ADL information in EMR Qshift.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing with current LPN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
Skill(s): Effective listening and communication skills. Basic computer skills.
Experience: Two years of long term care experience is preferred.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.