1. Patrols the facility and grounds to insure a safe and secure environment and provides shift security reports.
2. Provides security at the reception desk and operates the phone system as needed.
3. Escorts residents and employees to and from the parking lot and facility.
4. Unlocks apartment /cottage doors for residents who have locked themselves out.
5. Helps residents with the carrying of packages or boxes to their residence.
6. Responds to fire alarms and emergency call activations and assists as needed.
7. Escorts unauthorized individuals from the property.
8. Documents incidents and accidents and notifies 911 as needed.
9. Meets the police, rescue squad and fire department at the closest entrance to the incident and escorts them to the scene.
10. Replaces light bulbs in common areas within reach.
11. Adheres to the set work schedule and makes arraignments for coverage when unavailable.
12. Notifies supervisor of call outs and changes in shift times.
13. Makes certain locked doors are locked and secured all the time
14.Turns off all non-essential lighting located in the common areas and mechanical rooms during overnight hours.
15. Unlocks the Health Center at the start of the day and locks down the Health Center after visiting hours are over.
16. Responds to internal/external calls, pages to assure a quick response to emergency situation.
17. Notifies maintenance immediately of any emergencies that need to be addressed or fills out a work order for non-emergency items and turns them in for review/assignment.
18. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
19. Drives Crane’s Mill bus for on-campus shuttle service when needed.
Education/Training/Certifications: High school Diploma/GED – Required
Skill(s): Law Enforcement - preferred
Experience: Three to Twelve months experience; One to three years experience preferred.
Other Competencies: Bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching vertical/horizontal, listening, verbal, writing, and visual skills. Evening and weekend work required.