Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community, located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician with HVAC experience!
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off!
The primary function of this position is to perform the duties to keep the structure of the facility in good repair. These duties include the repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment, machinery and medical equipment with diagrams, schedules, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications using power tools, precision measuring and testing equipment.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Maintains the integrity and proper repair of the community and individual residency units
- Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, families, friends, licensed health care and non-licensed health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Reports changes in resident’s behavior/manner/overall well being to their immediate supervisor and/or other appropriate staff.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Completes work orders as assigned in a timely manner and turns in completed work orders immediately to be closed out in the computerized maintenance program. Evening and weekend work required.
- Reports any malfunctions/concerns regarding the physical plant and/or equipment to their immediate supervisor.
- Practices Universal Precautions, practices the proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens.
- Prioritizes assignments in the event of changes in staffing levels.
- Reports any breakage/damage to a resident’s personal property or community property during their assigned duties to their immediate supervisor.
- Assures that the maintenance schedules are followed as assigned for each shift.
- Assures that all HVAC, mechanical devices, pumps, generators, meters and conveyor systems are in normal operation and locate and repair any abnormal operations or defects.
- Dismantles equipment etc. and repairs and or replaces defective parts.
- Test the Hot water in the Health Center to maintain a temperature between 95 and 110 degrees as per DOH standards and reports any variation.
- Test the Air Temperature in the Health Center to maintain a temperature between 70 and 82 degrees as per DOH standards and report any variation.
- Test the swimming pool for chemical consistency as per DOH standards and reports any variation.
- Inspects tests and installs electrical lighting and power circuit or equipment as allowed by law.
- Troubleshoots wiring, switches, motors and electrical equipment using amp meters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters.
- Troubleshoots, and locate distribution control panels, circuit panels and motors for malfunctions
- Performs work needed to make the living units ready for new painting and carpet replacement.
- Performs work needed to make the unit ready for the maintenance punch list work after the new painting and carpet installation.
- Installs and maintains laundry equipment.
- Installs plumbing and mechanical equipment.Performs drywall, spackle and painting.
- Repairs and or replaces windows, screens, doors and door locks.
- Repair wheelchairs, Geri chairs and facility furniture.
- Performs plumbing replacement and or repairs.
- Replaces stained or damaged ceiling tiles. (without work order)
- Replaces light bulbs in common areas. (without work order)
- Performs outside work or buildings and grounds.
- Responds to after hour and on-call pages.
- Assures that all employees, residents and visitors follow-established policies and procedures.
- Reports all incidents/accidents no matter how minor ensuring a safe clean and orderly environment.
- Ensures that the work assigned areas are clean and equipment, tools, supplies and the maintenance shop are properly stored before leaving on break and at the end of the workday
- Observes surroundings and corrects issues noticed (without work order)
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
- High school Diploma/GED – Required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer knowledge
- Listening, verbal, writing and visual skills.
- One to two years’ experience w/ the Maintenance trade
- Three to five years’ experience with the Maintenance Trade in a Health Care Facility or Senior Housing
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.