Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Crossings Enhanced Living, a senior care community located in desirable Moorestown (south Jersey), is currently seeking a part-time Certified Medication Assistant (CMA)!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT POSITION
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY.
PART-TIME, 16 HOURS (3 PM to 11:30 PM), EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting residents with medications including medication administration and treatments under the direction of the Resident Service Director (RSD).
- Observing, recording, and reporting to the RSD symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions, or medication side effects.
- Storing medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Routinely inspecting, cleaning and monitoring equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety, as well as reporting any equipment or supply issues immediately to the LPN, RSD or administrator for correction or repair.
- Checking all vital signs as needed, as well as recording and reporting findings to LPN/RSD as needed.
- Taking, recording and reporting resident weights and temperatures as needed.
- Delivering complete AM/PM care to assigned residents, including bath.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, bruises, abrasions, rashes, redden areas, poor appetite/fluid intake, and changes in resident's status to LPN/RSD or administrator.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY.
Education / Training / Certifications:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Must have an active Certified Nurse's Aide, Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide license in the state of New Jersey.
- Must have an active Certified Medication Aide license in the state of New Jersey.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak with English language with proficiency.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Prefer at least one year of health care-related experience with Long Term Care, Assisted Living or Home Health Agency environment.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk 6 hours out of an 8-hour day, with lifting a lifting maximum of 50 pounds.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.