Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Home for Children, located in Jersey City, serves as a temporary home for children between the ages 12-18 who are in crisis.
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION FOR 16 HOURS A WEEK
SCHEDULE: Saturday and Sunday, 11 PM to 7 AM
General Responsibilities: Educates residents (teens between 13 to 17 years old) in daily living skills; assists residents in day-to-day chores & recreational activities. Accepts supervision from the Residential Manager, or other designated supervisory staff, & is responsible for implementing & documenting IHP training activities. Required to handle emergency situations of all types within the program. Assists with maintaining a pleasant and orderly physical environment. Required to cook daily meals. Must be ambulatory, able to lift 100 lbs, ability to kneel, bend and reach. Must be able to drive agency van to transport residents and run errands.
- Requires High school diploma/GED
- Must be certified in the Overview of DYFS/+DDD, Abuse and Neglect, and Medication Certification
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of New Jersey.
- Must have a clean and safe driving record
- Must have a high level of proficiency in writing, reading and speaking English.
- Previous experience in the field preferred.
- Experience in the field of working in a group home environemtn preferred.
- Requires standing and/or walking greater than 6 hours out of an 8-hour day with a lifting maximum of 100 pounds.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.