Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
LIFE Senior Care, a program designed to assist seniors with their customized healthcare needs, located in Jersey City Medical Center, is currently seeking an In-Take Coordinator.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Under the supervision of the Director of Business Development , the Intake Coordinator is responsible for recruitment and coordination of the intake process including initial screening and assessment, assistance in determining and obtaining Medicaid eligibility, communication with the IDT team, referral source relationship management, and intake activity data collection. Serves as the initial and primary liaison between potential participants and their families, the IDT team and referral sources.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
2. Responsible for all aspects of intake process including responding to inquiry calls, providing information and referral, conducting level of care phone screening, and in-home assessments. Coordinates activities with Center Manager, Department Managers and Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
3. Responsible to ensure the completion of Level of Care assessment tool
4. Documents intake activity through completion of phone screen, biographical summary for each potential participant. Completes monthly referral and activity reports. Responsible for participant information input into various databases.
5. Prepares written communication to team introducing each intake candidate and update team daily on enrollments.
6. Coordinates timely follow-up with referral sources, families, and participants through phone contact, letters, and all other appropriate documentation.
7. Works closely with eligibility specialist to ensure Medicaid and Medicare eligibility upon intake.
8. Coordinates and conducts Center tours and visits. Serves as host to participant during assessment visits.
9. Participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings when potential enrollees are assessed for enrollment into the program for purposes of providing and clarifying information
10. Meets with prospective enrollees in the home, nursing homes, hospitals or other settings as part of the intake process.
11. Delivers information about the PACE program and other community services through phone contact and hosting site visits to promote enrollment into the PACE program.
12. Assists in community outreach activities as assigned.
13. Provides input to team on care plan development based on admission assessment.
14. Shares responsibility with other team members in the implementation of Lutheran Senior Healthcare philosophy and achievement of program goals
15. Keeps confidential, all PACE or prospective PACE participant information, and/or all other information pertaining to PACE or prospective PACE participants, issues or business practices.
16. Practices Universal Precautions and follows appropriate Infection Control procedures.
17. Promotes the Lutheran Senior Healthcare Program to potential participants and community agencies.
18. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
19. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
20. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
21. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
22. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
1. A Bachelor's Degree in business, or a health or human services field, sales experience or a high school diploma and office assistant training (preferably health care specific).
2. Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
1. Ability to effectively present PACE philosophy and model to the community and to prospective participants
2. Working knowledge of physical, psychosocial, behavioral and family needs of the elderly
3. Working knowledge of Hudson County community health and social service delivery systems and aging network.
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills
5. Working knowledge of Medicaid system
6. Able to assess potential participant’s financial status
7. General knowledge of financing mechanisms such as Medicaid, Medicare, Prospective Payment Systems, and HMO Managed Care providing risk-based capitated systems.
8. Good working knowledge of PACE philosophy and eligibility/denial criteria
9. Computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet application
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.