Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a Quality Assurance RN Manager!
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Oversees the process to evaluate, and resolve medical and non-medical grievances by participants, and or their representatives, ensures information is reviewed for incorporating issues in development of Quality improvement initiatives and annual CQI plan.
- Ensures staff integration through Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) education and developing opportunities for input.
- Coordinate and effectively lead groups in a multi-ethnic community.
- Educate, share information and serve as a mentor to staff.
- Develop the CQI annual plan in conjunction with the Director of Nursing and guide the implementation of the plan.
- Attend quarterly participant advisory committee meetings and, staff meetings and report on CQI.
- Integrate CQI into orientation and training for new staff.
- Assist MDS Coordinator with completion of MDS 3.0 for Long Term Care residents, Care Plan updates, family meetings and IDCP team conferences.
- Oversee the process to evaluate and resolve medical and non-medical grievances by participants, their family members, or representatives.
- Trains managers and supervisors in essential monitoring methods and measurement techniques specific to quality indicators.
- Assists with Mandatory In-services for all Nursing staff.
- Develop, implement, and analyze quality studies and quality surveys.
- Coordinate internal audits and corrective action plans with required administrative staff.
- Stay abreast of new developments (e.g. DOH regulations, Infection Control, other), report to Director of Nursing and recommend changes in policies, procedures, forms as appropriate.
- Provide assistance with completion of MDS 3.0 for Long Term Care residents.
- Assume responsibilities of the MDS coordinator during call outs and vacations.
- Assist with Care Plan updates and family meetings or IDCP team conferences.
- Provide assistance to Assisted Living Unit as needed.
- Assume responsibilities of Assisted Living Unit RNs or Charge Nurse in times of call outs, vacations or on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for Event/Accident review a, analysis and closure within the RL^ software database. Acts as a file manager and risks manager in the absence of the Administrator and/or the Director of Nursing.
- Develop, implement and monitor any educational programs chosen by the company.
- Develop and implement a program of staff development and in-service training to meet regulatory requirements and organizational needs within available resources.
- Maintain documentation of staff development and in-service training in compliance with federal and state standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee compliance with all applicable regulatory, contractual standards.
- Audit, and implement corrective actions needed in preparation for state, federal, DOH, or corporate compliance surveys and audits.
- Participate in preparations for site visits, surveys and inspections.
- Participate as a fully contributing member of the management team, participating in meetings, contributing to strategic plan, supporting the decisions of the management team.
- Participate in formulation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Assist Director of Nursing with special projects and other duties assigned as needed, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Responsible for computer access requests and computer access tracking for Health Center Staff.
- Responsible for computer training for new Health Services employees.
- Practice Standard Precautions; practice the safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforce staff compliance.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
RN License - New Jersey or Bachelors Degree in health related field.
- Knowledge of quality management techniques and methods that measure and improve services.
- Knowledge of OBRA and MDS 3.0 regulations and their related electronic filing systems.
- Knowledge of compliance and privacy laws and regulations that effect health care systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical skills, detail oriented, extremely well organized and able to plan and problem solve.
Minimum of 3 years working with the frail or elderly, 2 years as a Quality Assurance Manager/Director in a Long Term Care facility preferred.
LSMNJ is an equal opportunity employer.