Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is currently seeking Vice President of Philanthropy to work with our corporate team in Burlington, NJ.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Leads LSMNJ in philanthropic efforts and fund development. Secures charitable contributions to support LSMNJ’s mission. Works with President and CEO to plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals.
- Provides leadership in the effective operation of all development activities required to fund LSMNJ operations.
- Manages, trains and develops the Lutheran Foundation team to ensure productivity and commitments to goals are met.
- Implements a comprehensive development plan for multi-year development efforts to include specific focus on major donor fundraising, events, planned giving, capital needs and individual giving.
- Researches and analyzes agency, corporate, individual and foundation donor base and recommends solicitation strategies.
- Creates meaningful ways to broaden the organizations support, increase visibility and reach new prospective donors.
- Identifies and addresses organization development issues that challenge fund development specifically.
- Oversees planning of logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships and solicitation of gifts and preparing related printed materials and publications.
- Manages all direct mail campaigns.
- Cultivates potential Major Gifts prospects, develops proposals and conducts solicitation of individual donors.
- Controls fund raising expenses related to solicitations within budget.
- Manages performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, evaluation, community relations and program operations.
- Provide measurable metrics on a regular basis to the President and CEO.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field required. Advanced Degree highly preferred.
Skill(s): Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing fundraising programs including annual giving, major gifts, special campaigns, events and planned giving.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Ability to engage and persuade with residents/family members/community.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge)
Experience: Minimum 7 years of fundraising leadership experience with an established track record of proactively growing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies.
Minimum of 3 years management experience in a non-profit industry.
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer.