Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
LIFE Senior Care, a program designed to assist seniors with their customized healthcare needs, located in Jersey City Medical Center, is currently seeking a per diem Behavioral Therapist.
The Therapist is responsible for comprehensive assessment and treatment of persons whose lives are impacted by cognitive conditions, mental health issues (depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder, Alzheimer’s, Dementia), or a declining capacity to function independently. Duties include (but aren’t limited to) completing cognitive and mental health evaluations; delivering cognitive and emotional therapies; completing timely and accurate charting; as well as providing therapy for on an individual or group setting
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Follows all Lutheran Senior LIFE Policies and Procedures, OSHA safety guidelines.
- Completes assessment on participants as assigned.
- Delivers therapies as defined in the care plan.
- Documents participants outcomes
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive in a warm and caring manner to all customer groups. Consistently cooperates and supports organization in problem solving issues. Ensures participant satisfaction and supports the success of the entire healthcare team.
- Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
- Maintains safe working environment. Follows Lutheran Senior LIFE Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings.
- Performs any necessary filing or clerical duties necessary to complete charting requirements.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Required: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s, be fully licensed a, LPC, LCSW, LBP, or a qualifying Licensed Behavioral Health Professional (LBHP).
Skill(s): Customer Service Oriented, Telephone Etiquette, MS Office Suite
Experience: Minimum of 3 year health care experience preferred
Minimum of 1 year working with the frail or elderly.
LSMNJ is an equal opportunity employer.