Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Mirota Senior Residence, offering affordable senior housing, located in Whitehouse Station, is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent!
NOTE: This position is located in Hunterdon County, New Jersey
Rent-free apartment included with salary. Move-in after successful completion of 90-day probation.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Superintendent is responsible for the continued/preventative maintenance of all mechanical operations of the assigned property. This includes: HVAC system, electrical, plumbing and curb appeal. Compliance with local/state/applicable codes, as well as supervision and training of maintenance technicians/janitorial staff.
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Embraces and supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Handles emergencies in a timely manner, working effectively to address and communicate well to the housing management team.
- Completes paperwork within expected and defined timelines.
- Follows through with building service requests, completing tracking logs and ensuring good customer service.
- Interacts with outside agencies, police, fire department, building inspectors and contractors.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with residents/tenants.
- Arranges and ensures that all housekeeping tasks are completed (including the pickup of garbage and recycling, mopping and sweeping of hallways and stairways, etc.).
- Operates and maintains boilers, pumps, valves, gauges, and related equipment continuously, checks all mechanical devices and controls to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to apartments and common areas requested in work orders issued by manager. Inspects apartments after tenant moves in / moves out.
- Maintains the grounds in a safe and clean condition.
- Maintains security of building and premises.
- Maintains written work schedule for the staff, keeping a written general inventory of maintenance and janitorial supplies, having the necessary licenses displayed when indicated -- i.e. elevator, CO, sanitation, etc.
- Maintains door and utility keys inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains inventory and equipment of supplies.
- Obtains bids for contracted services as necessary for appropriate services.
- Clears snow and removes ice from sidewalk.
- Checks, cleans, and maintains roof areas, including drains and gutters.
- Accompanies workman or repairman or others who must enter tenant's apartment, keeping a written record of the event.
- Checks lighting systems and lamps in the building and around the exterior areas of building, and replace lights when necessary.
- Supervises the mowing of lawns, maintenance of flower beds, and ice and snow removal.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training. Exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Other duties assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education / Training:
- Required to possess High School diploma or equivalent
- Reading, writing, analyzing, purchasing, contract negotiation, supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Five years' experience as a maintenance technician required
- Two years' experience as a maintenance superintendent or supervisor.
Requires standing and/or walking greater than 6 hours out of an 8-hour day with a lifting capacity between 50-100 pounds.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.