Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community, located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Concierge. This position is per diem (as needed) offering flexible scheduling and competitive pay.
General Responsibilities: Frontline person; greet and direct residents, visitors and employees. Answer and appropriately direct incoming calls. Provide clerical support to the Health Center and Towne Square. Act as a liaison between residents, managerial staff and specific vendors.
Duties include the following:
Answers and appropriately directs all incoming calls.
Acts as a liaison between residents, managerial staff and specific vendors.
Provides outstanding customer service to all customers, both internal and external.
- Greets, directs and assists residents, visitors, vendors and employees.
6. Coordinates resident requests with appropriate departments.
7. Use systems to assure requests are resolved to the residents’ satisfaction by appropriate departments.
8. Provides clerical assistance to department directors as needed.
9. Assists in managing Crane’s Mill Guest Suite.
10. Encourages, participates, and actively contributes to the achievement of organizational goals.
11. Complies with organizational policies, procedures and programs.
12. Participates as a team member by maintaining a positive, cooperative, and collaborative attitude with co-workers and supervisors.
13. Adheres to the agency’s code of conduct, knows the related rules, regulations and standards for the position and carries out job responsibilities in an ethical, effective,
and professional manner and in compliance with all requirements. Immediately reports concerns to the immediate Supervisor or the Compliance Officer.
14. Maintains a safe environment for residents/clients, employees, and visitors by taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e., wipes up spills, moves
obstructions, etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to supervisor immediately, removes broken equipment from service.
15. Recognizes the need for excellent internal and external customer service and actively engages in same.
16. Explains procedure(s) to residents/clients and informs of delays or changes.
17. Serves as resident/client advocate.
18. Resolves customer concerns by taking prompt, active steps. Works at resolution of a problem until the customer is satisfied.
19. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
20. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
21. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
22. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
23. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Required: High School Diploma/GED
Skill(s): Customer Service Oriented, Telephone Etiquette, MS Office Suite
Experience: One year as a receptionist and/or switchboard operator with the ability to use a desktop computer, copier, fax, telephone, and walkie-talkie.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.