Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
LIFE Senior Care, a program designed to assist seniors with their customized healthcare needs, located in Jersey City Medical Center, is currently seeking a Full-Time Homecare Scheduler.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Under the supervision of the Home Care Coordinator and the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Scheduler for In Home Services will be responsible for the coordination and scheduling of in-home services for all Lutheran Senior LIFE PACE participants.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices
- Under the supervision of the Home Care Coordinator and the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Scheduler for In Home Services will be responsible for the coordination and scheduling of in-home services for all Lutheran Senior LIFE PACE participants.
- Schedules in-home service staff appropriately to meet participant needs.
- Prepares schedules according to participant needs, Director of In-home care requests, and within the plan of care designed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Ensures that all required personal documents are forward to the center prior to the first home care assignment.
- Communicates staffing needs and ability to meet participant needs with Home Care Coordinator.
- Coordinates and communicates effectively with the transportation department to ensure smooth transition between home care and transportation delivery of services
- Notifies participants/families of changes in their home care schedules.
- Prepares and maintains daily, weekly, and/or monthly service schedules, logs, ledgers, tickler systems and other records that ensure accurate data collection of home care services.
- Communicates clearly with participants, staff and supervisor directly and in meetings.
- Assists with filing and other office functions as requested.
- When authorized, communicates with outside agencies and independent contractors regarding services rendered on behalf of Lutheran senior LIFE.
- Attends Intake and Assessment meetings if requested by Interdisciplinary Team or supervisor.
- Responsible for the ordering and distribution of home care supplies for the participants.
- Responsible for the ordering of office supplies for the home care department
- Attends all departmental meetings.
- Reports pertinent participant events or missed participant in home service visits to the Home Care Coordinator.
- Follows all Lutheran Senior LIFE Policies and Procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Practices Universal precautions and follows appropriate Infection Control procedures.
- Maintains a safe working environment. Follows Lutheran Senior LIFE Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in continuing education classes as assigned and any required staff and training meetings.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
- Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Adheres to departmental and agency dress code outlined in the organization’s policy.
- Review and approve timesheets for Home Health Aide.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Skill(s): Skills and Knowledge:
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and schedules.
- Excellent computer skills
- Bilingual preferred (English / Spanish)
- Ability to give clear and concise directions to in-home service staff
- Ability to make independent decisions and prioritize to meet the needs of the participants.
- One years of experience in working with the frail or elderly is required.
- Experience or training in health care delivery, in home health is preferred.
- One year or more of scheduling and/or dispatching experience is preferred.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.