Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community, located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Full-Time MDS Coordinator.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
- Responsible for the coordination of all necessary processes and data to complete the Minimum Data Set
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Interact with all identified staff relevant to the completion, updating and transmittal of the MDS 3.0, coordinates all information, data and documentation for the MDS 3.0 as outlined by Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate with all identified staff relevant to the completion and updating of resident Care Plans all required information, data and documentation as outlined by Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal State and local regulatory agencies including HIPPA.
- Maintain schedule for MDS completion, updates and transmittal.
- Maintain schedule for initial development, updates and goal resolution, as indicated, for resident Care Plans as outlined by Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate date, time and place for Care Plan meetings, notifies resident, responsible party, appropriate staff and/or health care and non health care professionals as indicated.
- Document notifications and meeting outcomes within resident’s electronic medical records (EMR) and paper files.
- Assist nursing dept. in times of call outs. Potential for working in the unit as a unit manager or charge nurse.
- Provide Inservices to nursing staff re MDS and new trends and updates re MDS.
- Updates Plan of Care on a regular basis. Responsible for follow up for implementation of the Plan of Care.
- Participate in scheduled Quality Assurance Meetings.
- Actively participates in the survey process by authorized regulatory agencies.
- Practice Standard Precautions; practices the safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred; Registered Nurse License in NJ; CPR required.
Skill(s): Active listening and visual skills, verbal and written communication skills, time management.
Experience: One to year experience as a licensed Registered Nurse in a Skilled Nursing facility; one to two years as a MDS Coordinator.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.