The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking an LNAC!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
General Responsibilities: Participates in the overall process and tracking of all MDS documents in order to assure appropriate reimbursement for services provided within the facility. She/he will integrate information from nursing, dietary, social services, restorative, rehabilitation and physician services to ensure accurate reimbursement and MDS Coding.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices
2. Responsible for the coordination of all necessary data to complete the Minimum Data Set.
3. Interacts with all identified staff relevant to the completion, updating and transmittal of the MDS 3.0 and coordinates all information,data and documentation for the MDS 3.0 as outlined.
4. Coordinates with all identified relevant staff for the completion and updating of resident care plans, all required information, and data documentation as outlined Federal, State agencies.
5. Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, and vendors.
6. Completes the admission and discharge tracking form and maintains a tracking system for every admission/re-entry/discharge.
7. Actively participates in the survey process by authorized regulatory agencies.
8. Maintains all reports and transmission data in a systematic format and stores in a safe, locked area.
9. Ensures that physician certifications for all residents covered under Medicare Part-A are completed signed and dated by the physician (s) or authorized physician entenders (For example, Nurse Practitioners). Please note certifications and recertification’s may not be completed by physician assistant.
10. Monitors that daily skilled documentation is being completed by the licensed nurses. Provides education as necessary.
11. Set Assessment Reference dates for PPS assessment within legally allowable window in collaboration with the Director of Rehabilitation.
12. Monitors that nursing staff are accurately coding late-loss activities of daily living.
13. Ensure that ICD-9(CM) is accurately coded for all residents under part-A benefits.
14. Ensure timely transmission of minimum data set for PPS.
15. Ensures that all requirements of Prospective payment system are met.
16. Complies with our corporate compliance program.
17. Monitors the significant change in status of residents in collaboration with the interdisciplinary Care Plan.
18. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
19. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
20. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
21. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
22. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Current LPN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
Skill(s): Computer skills, organizational skills. Knowledge of RAI process, MDS 3.0, RUGS IV, Prospective Payment System.
Experience: One year long term care clinical experience required. Experience with resident assessment instrument process Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, MDS completion, clinical resource utilization and case management is highly desirable.
LSMNJ is an equal opportunity employer.