The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking an Event & Marketing Planner!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for coordinating marketing events, including planning menus, booking speakers, putting up decorations, ordering supplies, and ensuring the event runs smoothly. This position also will offer administrative support to the marketing department.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices
2. Coordinate details of marketing events such as conferences.
3. Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
4. Collaborate with dining services for to prepare food for event.
5. Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations.
6. Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
7. Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
8. Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
9. Edit and design promotional materials.
10. Prepare presentations.
11. Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
12. Create invitee list.
13. Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
14. Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
15. Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
16. Serve in an administrative function to the Director of Marketing and Sales.
17. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
18. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
19. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
20. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
21. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/community.
Education/Training/Certifications: Bachelors degress in Marketing, Communications or other applicable field of study.
Skill(s): Skilled in creative approaches to events. Excellent organizational skills. Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things accomplished. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Able to coordinate multiple events simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and complete detailed assignments in a timely and thorough manner. Exceptional multi-tasking and trouble-shooting skills. Skilled at establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with staff and volunteers. Skilled at working both independently and as part of a team. Diligent and detailed oriented approach to event planning while not losing sight of the larger strategy. Ability to write and edit creative, concise and grammatically correct correspondence and other written materials. Proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans. Demonstrated ability as a self-starter. Will be required to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in event planning and coordination. Computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and ability to learn new software programs. Typing skills to prepare materials with speed and accuracy. Basic knowledge of graphic design and printing process.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.