LIFE Senior Care, a program designed to assist seniors with their customized healthcare needs, located in North Jersey is currently seeking a Per Diem Nurse Practitioner!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Under the Supervision of the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner provides primary care to participants. Performs physical assessments of new enrollees, semi-annual reassessments of participants and develops and implements appropriate plans of care. Evaluates participant physical complaints and provides appropriate treatment. Provides participants and caregiver teaching and education. Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). Demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to assess, plan, care for, and provide services to frail and elderly participants according to assigned responsibilities and Lutheran Senior LIFE standards.
1. Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
2. Performs initial assessment, including comprehensive history and physical, of assigned participants upon enrollment and at least semi-annually in cooperation with family member and/or caregiver and Interdisciplinary Team members.
3. Develops and implements a therapeutic Plan of Care upon enrollment, semi-annually and when a participant’s conditions changes. Monitors Plan of Care on an ongoing basis. Presents and coordinates the Plan of Care with the Interdisciplinary Team.
4. Helps ensure that participants experience a smooth transition into Lutheran Senior LIFE by coordinating with previous medical providers.
5. Provides evaluation, treatment and ongoing monitoring of episodic illness.
6. Oversees management of the PACE center clinic.
7. Refers participants to medical specialist as indicated with Interdisciplinary Team input.
8. Provides oversight of hospitalized participants (in collaboration with admitting physician as appropriate) including: providing primary care responsibilities for management; providing updates to the team on a regular basis; judiciously utilizing medical specialty consultants; and coordinating discharge planning with the Interdisciplinary Team.
9. Provides primary care to participants in a manner consistent with professional standards and regulation including: providing regular visits; performing telephone contacts with nursing home staff as required; and admitting to hospital as necessary.
10. Participates as an active member of the Interdisciplinary Team by participating in daily morning meetings, Interdisciplinary plan of care meetings, family meetings and clinical case conferences as needed; consults with nurses and other staff as medical care issues arise; and attending staff and other meetings when appropriate and possible.
11. Administers or orders diagnostic tests and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
12. Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, EKGs, and manages infections and aspirations.
13. Prescribes drugs according to licensed prescriptive authority, dispenses supplies and works with the Interdisciplinary Team to recommend other treatments to aid in the management of acute and chronic health problems.
14. Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
15. Provides primary care to participants in a manner consistent with professional standards and regulation including: providing regular visits; performing telephone contacts with nursing home staff as required; and admitting to hospital as necessary.
16. Establishes a collaborative relationship with other medical providers and specialists; determines need for consultation and assists in medical care treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
17. Documents and maintains patient records of services provided according to Lutheran Senior LIFE medical record standards.
18. Actively participates in Lutheran Senior LIFE Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities.
19. Works closely with Lutheran Senior LIFE nurse(s) to provide clinical care.
20. Participates in primary care program development and implementation as determined by Lutheran Senior LIFE needs.
21. Complies with safety policies and procedures, including identifying and immediately reporting unsafe acts or conditions to the Director of Operations. Takes necessary measures to ensure a safe environment for oneself, co-workers, contractors, participants, visitors and others.
22. Consistently meets or exceeds Lutheran Senior LIFE targets for productivity.
23. Continually seeks better ways for delivering services and communicating with participants.
24. Continually meets or exceeds Lutheran Senior LIFE customer services targets.
25. Demonstrates respect for and promotes participants rights including dignity, self-
26. Understands the importance of community involvement and participates as appropriate in activities that link Lutheran Senior LIFE to its communities.
27. Effectively collaborates with staff peers and contractors to meet Lutheran Senior LIFE goals and further success.
28. Complies with all policy and procedures of Lutheran Senior LIFE.
29. Demonstrates expertise in delivering comprehensive interdisciplinary geriatric care.
30. Makes home visits as needed in coordination with the Lutheran Senior LIFE Nurse and Home Care Coordinator.
31. Consistently meets or exceeds Lutheran Senior LIFE quality assessment and performance improvement targets.
32. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
33. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
34. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
35. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
36. Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Graduate Degree of an approved Nurse Practitioner Program, New Jersey State license, Nurse Practitioner license, current registrations, and DEA Certificate
Ability to work independently to assess members, develop a differential diagnosis and initiate treatment. Team oriented and passionate about serving the frail and elderly population. Enthusiastic in the delivery of compassionate, quality patient-centric care. Excellent communication skills that will enable to provide an informed participant experience. Basic business skills that will foster an exceptional participant experience. Ability to complete training and utilize electronic medical record and information systems. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Professional interpersonal demeanor and ability to work with all levels of associates and leadership.
At least one year experience as a Nurse Practitioner. One year experience working with the frail or elderly population
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.