Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
SpiriCare, a home health care program, is currently seeking full time, part time and per diem Certified Home Health Aides!! Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, the incumbent will assist participants in the home with duties essential to the patient's health in accordance with the patient's individualized care plan.
Duties include the following:
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
- Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
- Consults each day with the Registered Nurse to be updated on the SpiriCare participant's status changes in care plan and to confirm scheduled visits.
- Places the needs of the participant first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind.
- Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home,including:
Maintains a safe working environment. Follows the agency's Safety Policies and Procedures.
Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness.
Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
Participates in and supports Quality Improvement initiatives.
Uses excellent interpersonal skills and is seen as a role model in dealing with different populations.
Completes annual Compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
Adheres to the organization's Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
Adheres to the organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Assist with personal care needs such as bathing, elimination needs, transferring, dressing/undressing, and ambulation together with any household tasks (e.g. making bed, changing linens, laundry, light housekeeping, etc.) essential to the participant's health in accordance with his/her individualized care plan.
- Plan/prepare nutritious meals and assist with feeding as directed.
- Document services provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with agency policy and personal care plan.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Measure and record participant's vitals: temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration when requested and/or directed by the Registered Nurse and participant care plan.
- Report any changes in the participant's condition or incidents to the Registered Nurse in a timely manner.
- Perform tasks/skills as outlined on care plan competently.
- Notifies Registered Nurse when clarification or education of a task is required.
- Submits time cards/activity sheets in a timely manner (every week).
- Implements appropriate infection control practices per agency policy.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent decisions in routine participant care matters.
- Assist participant with Passive Range of Motion (PROM) when requested and/or directed by the Physical Therapist or per the care plan.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified Home Health Aide License --New Jersey
- Current driver’s license with proof of auto insurance
- Safe driving record
- Knowledge of principles, practices, standards and techniques of a home health aide
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Knowledge of medical equipment use and maintenance
- Skilled in establishing and maintain effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Minimum of 1 year working as a CHHA with the frail or elderly
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.