Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
SpiriCare, SpiriCare, a home health care program, is seeking full-time, part-time and per diem LPNs!! The incumbent will perform various nursing-related tasks that include assisting with participant assessments in the home and/or following an incident or during the performance of daily assigned duties, as well as assists with implementation of the plan of care coordinated by the interdisciplinary team.
Duties include the following:
- Performing and/or assisting with participant assessments in the home and/or following an incident or during the performance of assigned duties.
- Assisting with implementation of the plan of care coordinated by the interdisciplinary team.
- Administering and/or supervising the appropriate dispensing of participant medications, excluding intravenous push medications.
- Pre-fills medication boxes in the home per schedule and as needed.
- Appropriately communicates participant condition with SpiriCare staff, assisting with supervision of the Home Health Aides.
- Completes annual Compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the organization's Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- High school diploma
- Active LPN License in New Jersey
- Current certification in BCLS
Skill(s): Skills and Knowledge:
- 1 year of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or community-based setting.
- Broad knowledge base of health care problems of the frail and elderly.
- Skilled in nursing assessments within scope of practice under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Skilled in delegation and supervision of paraprofessional staff.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skilled in preparing and maintaining records and writing reports and responding to correspondence.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance for home care.
- Knowledge of elder abuse and reporting.
- Familiar with Dementia, Wandering Behavior and Intervention.
- Knowledge of Standard Precautions & Fire and Emergency Procedures.
- Knowledge of Participant Rights and Workplace Safety.
- Minimum of 1 year working with the frail or elderly.
- 1-2 years experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a Skilled Nursing facility.
- 1 year of home health preferred for Home Care.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.