Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Pennsauken Senior Residence, an affordable senior housing program, is seeking a Social Services Coordinator. This part-time position - 20 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY - offers flexible scheduling, competitive pay, select benefits and paid time off!
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for ensuring that eligible residents are advised and /or linked to the supportive services they need to enhance and/or maintain their quality of life. Establishes relationships with agencies, hospitals, & services provided in the community, provides informational resources to project staff and residents and interested families, sponsors educational events, sets up volunteer support programs. Provides case management for the site.
Duties include the following:
- Responsible for maintaining confidential client files on residents participating in the program. Files shall include detailed notes re: any assistance & services provided to the residents.
- Completes & maintains intake forms, case management plans, quarterly monitoring plans & follow-up plans, notes on meetings.
- Responsible for keeping files in a secured location, w/accessibility to only themselves & management to the extent necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining program files that contain detailed records pertinent to program activities and expenses.
- Must track number of residents served in the program, and the types of services arranged for & received by residents.
- Actively establishes links to community agencies and service providers for program participants.
- Provides basic case management and referral services to participants in the program.
- Assists residents in building support networks with other residents, family members and friends.
- Monitor and document the on-going provision of services and the eligibility requirements. Provides initial & ongoing case management.
- Creates and maintains active volunteer support services.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Required High School Diploma and 5+ years in social work field
- Required MSW, BSW, LSW in the state of New Jersey
- Strong case management skills
- Listening, writing, analyzing, empathy, organized
- Two of more years of social work experience with degree or 5 + years in social work field.
- Working knowledge of supportive services & resources for the elderly population.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.