Journey Hospice, a program of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, offering support to our clients, , their family and loved ones during that journey.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
We are currently seeking CHHA's for our Hospice Program:
Provides personal care and light housekeeping services to terminally ill patients in the home, nursing facility, inpatient units or other environments where the Hospice patient resides in accordance with an established plan of care and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). Actively participates as a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). Provides care and comfort to patients in accordance with assigned tasks and established interdisciplinary and Hospice Aide plan of care. Observes the patient, reports and documents observations and care performed. Provides timely documentation of services based on the patient’s care plan.
- Must have High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a training program as outlined under the Medicare Hospice Conditions of Participation 418.76 and approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, certification by the Board of Nursing in accordance with N.J.S.A 45:11-23 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 13:37, and proof of the certification as a Hospice Aide/Homemaker from the program for inclusion in the agency personnel file (per 8:42C-7.5).
- Must demonstrate skills and have a passing score on a written competency test in accordance with 42 C.F.R. Section 484.36 or 418.76(c) prior to working independently with a patient.
- Minimum age requirement of eighteen (18).
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience in an institutional or home care setting required with community health/hospice experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be able to work within a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill.
- Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with New Jersey requirements.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background and national sex offender checks.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.