Lutheran Crossings Enhanced Living, a senior care community located in desirable Moorestown (south Jersey), is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Life Enrichment!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Assistant Director of Life Enrichment is responsible for the planning, developing, implementing, managing and evaluating the activity program for Assisted Living residents of Lutheran Crossings. Responsibilities include development and communication of a comprehensive activity schedule and programming which encourages resident socialization, improves daily living skills, expands personal interests and increase physicial activity.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Plans and develops an effective resident activities program for AL and Memory Care.
- Plans activities both on and off site according to the interests and needs of the Assisted Living (AL) residents.
- Leads and plans special events and functions for the AL residents.
- Communicates program schedules and activities through calendars, newsletters, etc.
- Coordinates resident recognition such as birthdays.
- Meets with each new resident to complete their activity profile.
- Oversees programming budget and maintains expenses within the budgeted guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or equivalent.
5 years experience working in a long-term care setting providing programs for seniors with memory care issues.
2 years supervisory experience.
Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body, such as the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification or the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals;
Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members and staff.
Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.