Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to work with our corporate finance team in Burlington, NJ!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Review the timing, accuracy, and appropriateness of all accounting transaction that are processed into the accounting software in order to prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Obtain management information and research business transactions as necessary to ensure accurate and timely accounting of transactions. Prepare, report, and analyze monthly financial statements including various business metrics, such as receivables, utilization of services, operating expenses, etc. in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: 'Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.'
- Review all transactions that are processed into the general ledger to ensure that all necessary transactions are processed timely and recorded accurately into the general ledger.
- Maintain supporting documentation for complex accounting transactions.
- Assure proper supporting documentation and managerial authorization of all accounting transactions entered into the general ledger.
- Maintain cash worksheets, including cash requirements each week.
- Perform general ledger account analyses.
- Perform research of business transactions as necessary.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and present to management.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating plan budget. Also participate in development of pro forma financial analyses.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual audit by independent public accountants.
- Manage special projects and perform research as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
College degree in Accounting or Finance required. Advanced college degree, Certified Public Accounting license, and/or public accounting experience preferred.
Skill(s): Familiar with managing general ledger accounts, able to close general ledger, and prepare financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Able to analyze and articulate salient business issues identified in financial statements.
Effective use of automated, integrated accounting and administrative software. Excellent EXCEL skills. Advanced ad hoc reports and schedule preparation. Effective use of the Internet. Confidential.
Excellent oral and verbal communication. Able to lead discussions among colleagues on various topics.
Able to do independent research of accounting transactions.
Pleasant, team-spirited telephone and interpersonal relations.
Experience: Three to six years of experience in all aspects of general accounting in a medium or large sized organization, public accounting firm or equivalent academic or work experience. Prepare general ledger journal entries and general ledger account analyses. Close the general ledger and prepare / present financial statements.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.