Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our corporate finance team in Burlington, NJ!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
General Responsibilities: Participate in preparation of all accounting transactions that are processed into the accounting software, reviewing the timing, accuracy and appropriateness of each in order to prepare monthly financial statements. Obtain management information and research business transactions as necessary to ensure accurate and timely accounting of transactions.
RECENT GRADUATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!
Duties include the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Assists in preparing transactions that are processed into the general ledger for LSMNJ facilities or business units, as assigned.
- Assures proper supporting documentation and managerial authorization of all accounting transactions entered into the general ledger.
- Performs general ledger account analyses.
- Performs research of business transactions as necessary.
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements and submit required reporting to third parties.
- Participate in month-end accounting closing.
- Participates in the preparation of the facilities’/business units’ annual operating plan budgets.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual audits by independent public accountants.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
High school degree and significant accounting course work at college level required.
- Intermediate Excel. Effective use of complex, automated, integrated accounting and administrative software. Effective use of the Internet.
- Familiar with managing general ledger accounts and basic financial statements.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication. Confidential.
- Self-assured; Self-motivated; Works quickly.
- Able to do independent research of accounting transactions.
- Pleasant, team-spirited telephone and interpersonal relations.
One to three years of experience in all aspects of general accounting in a medium-sized organization working with: Accounts Payable, Payroll, general ledger journal entries, and general ledger account analyses.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.