Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our corporate finance team in Burlington, NJ!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
Review the timing, accuracy, and appropriateness of all accounting transaction that are processed into the accounting software in order to prepare monthly financial statements. Obtain management information and research business transactions as necessary to ensure accurate and timely accounting of transactions.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Assists in preparing transactions that are processed into the general ledger for LSMNJ facilities or business units, as assigned.
- Assures proper supporting documentation and managerial authorization of all accounting transactions entered into the general ledger.
- Performs general ledger account analyses.
- Performs research of business transactions as necessary.
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements and submit required reporting to third parties.
- Participate in month-end accounting closing.
- Participates in the preparation of the facilities’/business units’ annual operating plan budgets.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual audits by independent public accountants.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
High school degree and significant accounting course work at college level required.
Skill(s): Intermediate Excel. Effective use of complex, automated, integrated accounting and administrative software. Effective use of the Internet.
Familiar with managing general ledger accounts and basic financial statements.
Excellent oral and verbal communication. Confidential.
Self-assured; Self-motivated; Works quickly.
Able to do independent research of accounting transactions.
Pleasant, team-spirited telephone and interpersonal relations.
Experience: One to three years of experience in all aspects of general accounting in a medium sized organization. Preparation of general ledger journal entries and general ledger account analyses. Participate in closing the general ledger and preparation of financial statements.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.