The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a Full-Time RN MDS Coordinator!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
- Responsible for the coordination of all necessary data to complete the Minimum Data Set.
- Interacts with all identified staff relevant to the completion, updating and transmittal of the MDS 3.0, coordinates all information, data and documentation for the MDS 3.0 as outlined.
- Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, and vendors
- Maintains schedule for MDS completion, updates and transmittal.
- Completes the admission and discharge tracking form and maintains a tracking system for every admission/re-entry/discharge.
- Ensures that Data Entry Clerk coordinates date, time and place for Care Plan meetings, notfies resident, responsible party, appropriate staff and/or health care and non-health care professionals as indicated.
- Oversees the Data Entry Clerk for accuracy of the MDS and verifies electronic transmission to the State
- Actively participates in the survey process by authorized regulatory agencies.
- Maintains all reports and transmission data in a systematic format and stores in a safe, locked area.
- All MDSs will be submitted timely with 0 defaults.
- Provides MDS education to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility
Must have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Basic computer skills required
Two years long term clinical care experience is required. Experience with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, MDS completion, clinical resource utilization and case management is highly desirable.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.