Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane's Mill, a premier continuing retirement community located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Driver. This full-time position offers competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and generous paid time off.
Duties include the following:
Communicates and interacts with residents and other staff members in a polite and professional manner.
Operates all equipment safely and in compliance with vehicle licensing regulations.
Prepare vehicle for safe and comfortable transport during inclement weather.
Acts in accordance with policies and expectations set forth by organization.
6. Responsible for Crane’s Mill passengers during transport, providing service in a manner which ensures participant satisfaction.
7. Provides light physical assistance to each participant when needed as s/he boards and debarks from the vehicle. Loads mobility aids (ex. walkers) on and off vehicles
for passengers requiring such assistance.
8. Safely operates wheelchair lift on vehicle for passengers requiring such assistance.
9. Reports any incidents out of ordinary routine (ex. damage to vehicle, resident injury) to supervisor and completes incident report when needed.
10. Works and communicates effectively with other staff members to ensure resident safety, resident satisfaction and corporate compliance.
11. Works in conjunction with Director of Community of Programming and other drivers to ensure that 14-passenger buses and 7-passenger van are kept on schedule for
maintenance and repairs are promptly scheduled when needed.
12. Process transportation requests from residents, complete daily driving schedule accordingly and communicate with residents regarding schedule one day prior to
13. Maintains driver mileage log, maintenance log and doctors’ appointments log.
14. Ensures that the interior and exterior of assigned vehicles used for resident transportation are kept clean.
15. Willingness to work flexible hours (within reason) in order to accommodates resident and administrative needs.
16. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
17. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
18. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
19. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- High School Diploma required
- NJ Driver’s License required, with a clean and safe driving record.
- Demonstrated customer service ability
- Strong communication skills with the ability to read and write
- Experience working with the general public required
- Experience working with senior citizens preferred
- Experience with operation of 14-passenger vehicle (or larger)