The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a RN as we grow our Assisted Living community.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Responsible for supervision and coordination of all nursing units. Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units. Reassigns nursing personnel when necessary to ensure residents needs and budgetary controls are met.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Completes rounds throughout shift to assure unit is secured and maintained.
- Receives reports from outgoing nurse ensuring a continuous flow of communications.
- Monitors all incidents on the shift, maintains the incident and accident reporting systems. Completes investigations of incidents.
- Monitors and assists with all admissions on that shift.
- Oversees all staff on that shift and handles staffing issues for the present 24 hour time frame. Handles disciplines as needed.
- Administers all IV's where indicated.
- Assesses supply needs and delivers as needed.
- Assists with all transfers for hospitalizations.
- Oversees residential delivery of services.
- Makes clinical assessments when appropriate.
- Determines emergency situations and when to implement protocols for emergencies.
- Monitors the unit for safety concerns, alerts appropriate managers to issues timely.
- Prepares reports to pass communication to next shift.
- Assists with meal time where appropriate.
- Addresses resident/patient concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Informs DON of all shift concerns and problems.
- Enters information into EMR as appropriate. Oversees staff use of EMR.
- Enters resident deaths in EDRS accurately and timely.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Education/Training/Certifications: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, with current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
Skill(s): Effective communication and organizational skills. Ability to react decisively in emergencies. Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment. Basic computer skills.
Experience: Two years long term care experience in a supervisory
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.