The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a Per Diem (as needed) Housekeeper.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
- The Housekeeper performs a variety of tasks including dust mopping, damp mopping, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms including sinks, tubs, and commodes. They are responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitizing of patient rooms and furniture, as well as sitting rooms, dining rooms, and pantries. Housekeepers also do discharge cleaning and are responsible for cleaning the administrative areas.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Responsible to help maintain a welcoming, clean and tidy environment for residents, families, visitors and staff.
- Responsible for replenishing hand towels, hand soap, toilet tissue etc. in all resident rooms daily.
- Cleaning of resident rooms and common areas adhering to the infection control program.
- Deliver resident’s clean personal laundry and placing it in their closets.
- Responsible for providing light housekeeping duties to every resident room on their unit daily and carbolization of each room 1x monthly.
- Responsible for pulling trash from all resident rooms on their units daily.
- Responsible for completing special cleaning assignments in common areas throughout building daily.
- Must respect resident’s and their belongings while completing their cleaning assignments.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
This position is per diem (as needed) offering flexible scheduling and competitive pay!’
Education/Training/Certifications: High school diploma preferred
Skill(s): must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Experience: Some previous experience is preferrable but on-site training is available.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.