PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS PART TIME, 32 HOURS A WEEK
SCHEDULE: FLEXIBLE HOURS, MONDAY - FRIDAY, BETWEEN 9am AND 5 pm.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Corporate office of Lutheran Social Ministries, is seeking a part-time Staff Accountant. This position, located in Burlington, New Jersey, is responsible for reviewing and processing approved vendors' invoices into the accounting software in an accurate and timely manner; generating and mailing disbursement checks; and filing paid invoice packages. The incumbent must have the ability to work unsupervised to obtain all necessary management information; researching transactions as necessary to ensure timely and accurate recording.
This part-time, entry level position offers flexible scheduling, competitive pay, select benefits and paid time off!
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Process vendors’ invoices into the accounting software accurately and timely.
- Process disbursement checks or electronic payments to liquidate liabilities to vendors.
- Mail out disbursement checks with appropriate support as notated within e-Requester.
- Research and respond to payment inquiries from vendors in a timely manner.
- Research and respond to check requests by LSMNJ employees in a timely manner.
- Prepare bi-weekly employee expense reimbursement reports for inclusion in Payroll.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual audit by independent public accountants.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
COLLEGE GRADUATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!
- High school degree and significant accounting course work at college level required.
- College degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Intermediate EXCEL.
- Effective use of complex, automated, integrated accounting and administrative software.
- Effective use of the Internet.
- Familiar with the flow of general ledger accounts to the financial statements.
- Able to do independent research of accounting transactions.
- Able to independently maintain and analyze various balance sheet and expense accounts, proposing adjusting entries when appropriate.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication. Confidential.
- Self-assured; Self-motivated; Works quickly.
- Pleasant, team-spirited telephone and interpersonal relations.
- Three years in a fast-paced business office working with Accounts Payable, Payroll, general ledger journal entries, general ledger account analyses, and month-end accounting closing.
- Experience in all aspects of general accounting for a medium-sized organization.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer