Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane's Mill, a premier continuing retirement community located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking an RN Case Manager. This full time position offers competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and generous paid time off.
Duties include the following:
Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
Directly supervise Skilled Nursing Unit staff within the Skilled Nursing Unit during the performance of their duties
Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
Provide services to residents in accordance with all applicable standards and practices of the Registered Nurse professional Code of Ethics within the State of New Jersey and the Lutheran Social Ministries Code of Ethics.
- Responsible for or assists staff with admissions, transfers and emergencies within the continuum of care.
6. Perform or assist with resident assessments upon admission, following an incident or during the performance of daily assigned duties.
7. Document all significant reported/observed medically related events or incidents within the resident’s file as outlined by all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
8. Document all pertinent medical information in the electronic medical records (EMR) systems including VISION and RL6 event reporting while maintaining strict
resident confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA.
9. Relays pertinent information to all appropriate staff, physicians, responsible parties, licensing agencies as well as any other lawful authority as indicated by scope of
event or incident as it relays to insuring the safety and well being of each residents
10. Assist with the completion of the resident’s Plan of Care and MDS 3.0 especially in the absence of the MDS Coordinator.
11. Assist residents with activities of daily living, health related and psychosocial needs, serve as a health educator per resident need and/or request
12. Insure appropriate number of staff is available for each shift in the event of a call-out or “no show”
13. Analyze nursing staff performance ie. Completion of mandatory assessments, falls, B & B, pain, etc.
14. Participate in evaluating potential residents for skilled and assisted by reviewing medical records assessments, interviews, as well as possible hospital visits.
15. Assume responsibility as Assisted Living supervisor in the absence of the Director of Assisted Living.
16. Assist with emergencies within the continuum of care in the IAU and ALU.
17. Assist nursing department when call outs result in short staffing by assuming responsibilities of a charge nurse, ie. Dispensing resident medications.
18. Actively participates in the survey process by authorized State and Federal regulatory agencies.
19. Meets all training requirements including RELIAS.
20. Practice Standard Precautions; practices safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
21. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
22. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
23. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
24. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
25. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.