Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
South Plainfield Senior Residence, offering affordable senior housing in South Plainfield, NJ, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This full-time position offers competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off!
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Property Manager. Daily office work will include keyboarding, scheduling appointments and phone work and assisting Property Managers with initial resident applications and recertifications. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for maintaining complex housing files, both database and hard files and other responsibilities as assigned by the Property Manager. Possess a high level of proficiency in database management. Possess excellent organizational skills and is able to maintain a high level of confidentially. All building & tenant issues must be reviewed & approved by the Property Manager.
Duties include the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Works under direction of PM, directly with the tenants as related to certification/re certification. Schedules appointments, gathers information, and other responsibilities as required.
- Works with Property Manager on correspondence, memos as requested.
- Organizes and maintains complex tenant files.
- Maintain confidentially in all aspects of work.
- Assists in organization of holiday and other seasonal parties.
- Possess the patience and understanding to work with senior citizens.
- Possess ability to work independently in a professional manner.
- Maintains housing management data base, including:
- RENT COLLECTION
- VENDOR PAYMENTS – Non-Recurring Items
- VENDOR PAYMENTS – Recurring Items/Contracts
- RESIDENT FILE MAINTENANCE
- APPLICATIONS FOR RESIDENCE
- INITIAL CERTIFICATION/ANNUAL RE-CERTIFICATION
- WORK ORDERS
- RESIDENT RELATIONS
10. General Clerical duties to include: Filing, Typing, Answering phones, Purchasing Office Supplies
11. Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
12. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
13. Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
14. Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
15. Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Occupancy Specialist preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
- General clerical experience to include
- Scheduling appointments
- File maintenance.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of technology to include:
- Fax Machine / Scanner / Copier
- Calculator / adding machine
- Able to work independently.
- BI-LINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH PREFERRED.
- 5 years office experience.
- Tax credit knowledge preferred.
Further Education: Willing to take courses paid for by LSMNJ to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy designation, and courses in Senior Issues and Senior Living.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.