Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane's Mill, a premier continuing retirement community located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Recreation Assistant. This part-time position offers flexible scheduling during the evenings and weekends, competitive pay, and paid time off.
Duties include the following:
- Assists Residents to and from social, cultural and therapeutic programs on and off their prospective unit.
- Coordinate and escort Resident take-out trips for community integration.
- Meet with new admissions to make a mini assessment on their leisure interest and pursuits.
- Present an energetic outlook to encourage active Resident participation.
- Keep a daily log of those who participate in programs.
- Provide assistance to Residents at mealtimes as requested. Insure Residents are offered hydration during programs in adherence with the Residents Plan of Care.
- Network to create ideas for providing a variety of different programs for the monthly calendar of events.
- Assists the Director of Community Life in the development and delivery of all social, cultural and therapeutic programming.
- Encourages residents to become involved in their surroundings and partake of the cultural, social and therapeutic programs offered.
- Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends health care and non health care professionals, visitors, vendors, Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Assists with the development, recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Assists with the development of an outreach program advocating the interaction between residents and their community in an enlightening, constructive and enriching environment.
- Adheres to the resident Plan of Care outlining specific needs/interests as they relate to social, cultural and therapeutic programs.
- Assists with the completion of the MDS 3.0.
- Assists the Director of Therapeutic Recreation with the ordering and maintaining of an adequate inventory of all necessary equipment and supplies.
- Encourages, participates, and actively contributes to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Explains procedure(s) to residents/clients and informs of delays or changes.
- Serves as resident/client advocate.
- Resolves customer concerns by taking prompt, active steps. Works at resolution of a problem until the customer is satisfied.
- Recognizes the need for excellent internal and external customer service and actively engages in same.
- Participates as a team member by maintaining a positive, cooperative, and collaborative attitude with coworkers and supervisors.
- Adheres to the agency’s code of conduct, knows the related rules, regulations and standards of the position and carries out job responsibilities in an ethical, effective, and professional manner and in compliance with all requirements. Immediately reports concerns to the immediate Supervisor or the Compliance Officer.
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures and programs.
- Maintain and store department supplies and equipment in assigned areas after use and insure that common areas used for recreation programs are kept clean and neat.
- Maintains a safe environment for residents/clients, employees, and visitors by taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e., wipes, moves obstructions, etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to supervisor immediately, removes broken equipment from service.
- Practices Standard Precautions, practices the proper handling and disposal of all infected equipment, materials and linens.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.