PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS PART TIME, 32 HOURS A WEEK
SCHEDULE: FLEXIBLE HOURS, MONDAY - FRIDAY, BETWEEN 9am AND 5 pm.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Corporate office of Lutheran Social Ministries, is seeking a part-time Staff Accountant I for Accounts Payable. This position, located in Burlington, New Jersey, is responsible for reviewing and processing approved vendors' invoices into the accounting software in an accurate and timely manner; generating and mailing disbursement checks; and filing paid invoice packages. The incumbent must be able to research transactions as necessary to ensure timely and accurate recording.
This part-time, entry level position offers flexible scheduling, competitive pay, select benefits and paid time off!
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Process vendors’ invoices into the accounting software accurately and timely.
- Process disbursement checks or electronic payments to liquidate liabilities to vendors.
- Research and respond to payment inquiries from vendors in a timely manner.
- Research and respond to check requests by LSMNJ employees.
- Prepare bi-weekly employee expense reimbursement reports for inclusion in Payroll.
- File paid invoice packages timely and accurately.
- Perform general ledger account analyses as asigned.
- Perform research as directed when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
COLLEGE GRADUATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!
- High school degree and significant accounting course work at college level required.
- College degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Intermediate EXCEL.
- Effective use of complex, automated, integrated accounting and administrative software.
- Effective use of the Internet.
- Familiar with the flow of general ledger accounts to the financial statements.
- Able to do independent research of accounting transactions.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication. Confidential.
- Self-assured; Self-motivated; Works quickly.
- Pleasant, team-spirited telephone and interpersonal relations.
- Three years in a fast-paced business office working with Accounts Payable, Payroll, general ledger journal entries, and general ledger account analyses.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer