Lutheran Social Ministries is excited to grow Spiricare, our newest in home healthcare program!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
- Provides direct care/services to residents within the scope of duties, responsibilities and certification under the direction of a licensed health care professional.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Perform duties as assigned and as outlined in the residents’ Plan of Care.
- Observe residents for health related symptoms, immediately report all such observations to the nursing supervisor.
- Document observations and/or tasks completed on the Ambassador Aide Service Record Form.
- Assist with the development of the resident Plan of Care; participate in care plan meetings as requested.
- Accurately complete and submit personal timesheets.
- Appropriately interact with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents/clients, employees, and visitors by taking immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e., wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), report broken or substandard equipment to supervisor immediately, remove broken equipment from service.
- Maintain resident’s room in a clean and safe manner, abiding by all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Serve as resident/client advocate.
- Practice Standard Precautions; practice the safe handling and disposal of all contaminated supplies, equipment and linens.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
High school diploma or GED
Certified Home Health Aide License --New Jersey
Current driver’s license with proof of auto insurance
Safe driving record
Knowledge of principles, practices, standards and techniques of a home health aide
Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
Knowledge of medical equipment use and maintenance
Skilled in establishing and maintain effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff and the public.
Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Minimum of 1 year working as a CHHA with the frail or elderly
Employees must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.