Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is currently seeking an Executive Director of Housing to work with our corporate team in Burlington, NJ.
This position is part of the leadership team managing a portfolio of HUD and Tax Credit properties.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Directs and oversees all activities related to tenant service, regulatory and certification compliance, building maintenance and financial performance of LSMNJ’s affordable housing services.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Provides leadership to Property Managers, directs the certification process; ensures compliance with all certification and rental agreements and all regulatory agencies.
- Supervises Property Managers of facilities throughout the State; ensure that assigned duties of Managers are performed effectively in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Sets performance standards for staff related to quality, compliance and resident services; communicates expectations to staff, residents and the community.
- Develops budgets for each facility and the Housing Management Department and is responsible for adherence to financial goals and objectives.
- Assist in negotiations for purchase of properties and financing terms.
- Work with CFO in performing financial analysis to determine financing strategy for potential projects. Prepare and review all materials for housing development financial closings.
- Ensures that occupancy targets are achieved.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with various LSMNJ internal constituencies and other external regulatory agencies in or to effectively meet operational needs.
- Select and oversee professional service consultants (architects, engineers, etc) managing architectural design activities, pre-construction and construction.
- Attend construction meetings as owner representative with all related parties.
- Identifies, develops and implements new business opportunities for potential housing development, commercial developments, community revitalization and/or other program initiatives for LSMNJ.
- Oversees social services and other resident service programs.
- Ensures good physical plant through building maintenance, preventative maintenance programs and capital improvements.
- Assist and participate in Year 15 re-structures.
- Develops, implements and maintains Housing Management policies and procedures, as well as standard operating procedures for the properties.
- Prepares information as needed for the Board of Trustees Housing Committee and LITCH Boards. Schedules meetings and takes minutes as required.
- Assists with other facility development issues in other programs as requested.