Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
LIFE Senior Care, a program designed to assist seniors with their customized healthcare needs, located in Jersey City Medical Center, is currently seeking a Transportation Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Transportation Coordinator supervises the transportation department staff.
This full-time position offers competitive compensation, a robust benefit package (effective on the first day of employment), generous paid time off and a 403b retirement savings plan with a company match of up to 8 percent!
- Supervises the transportation departmental staff. Responsible for departmental hiring, orientation, competency, and training procedures.
- Establishes daily communication with drivers and dispatch to include updates for the day, safety tips, etc.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Maintains regular attendance at, and participants in, interdisciplinary team meetings; communicates participant changes, collaborates on care planning decisions and coordination for 24 hour care delivery.
- Communicates interdisciplinary team decisions, participant changes, care plan changes, and updated information to transportation staff on a daily basis.
- Ensures responsibility for running and maintaining transportation scheduling software program.
- Ensures effective daily communications, via radio calls or otherwise, between LIFE Center, transportation drivers, and dispatch.
- Ensures the scheduling, coordination, communication of the driver route assignments of Lutheran Senior LIFE at Jersey City.
- Ensures the scheduling of transportation for all participants outside appointments.
- Monitors use of driver/dispatch overtime, ensure adequate staffing and improves efficiency.
- Ensures the daily work schedules are completed, distributed and communicated with each driver.
- Ensures coordinating and scheduling daily delivery of home delivered meals, DME, supplies and miscellaneous items as requested by the Lutheran Senior LIFE at Jersey City team.
- Ensures that participant’s database is maintained and updated.
- Maintains the departmental budget within its allowed and reasonable objectives as well as meets established budgetary guidelines
- Oversees vehicle maintenance program which includes obtaining estimates and scheduling vehicle repairs per departmental policies.
- Researches and recommends new vehicles and options, and assists in the ordering and purchasing of new vehicles.
- Ensures that vehicles have up-to-date Department of Motor Vehicle registration forms, license plates and emission stickers.
- Ensures the cleanliness and proper functioning of equipment as well as of safe driving conditions of each vehicle.
- Ensures that all departmental staff attends and successfully executes required annual driver training courses and participates in mandatory in-service training.
- Holds staff accountable for their scope of work and compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Follows all Lutheran Senior LIFE at Jersey City Policies and Procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices Universal Precautions.
- Participates in and supports Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.