Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Lutheran Home for Children, located in Jersey City, serves as a temporary home for children between the ages 13-17 who are in crisis.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION, 11 pm TO 7 am OFFERING COMPETITIVE PAY AND FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE!
General Responsibilities: Educates residents (teens between 13 to 17 years old) in daily living skills; assists residents in day-to-day chores & recreational activities. Accepts supervision from the Social Services Coordinator/Administrator, or other designated supervisory staff, & is responsible for implementing & documenting IHP training activities. Required to handle emergency situations of all types within the program. Assists with maintaining a pleasant and orderly physical environment. Required to cook daily meals. Must be ambulatory, able to lift 100 lbs, ability to kneel, bend and reach. Must be able to drive agency van to transport residents and run errands.
Duties include the following:
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Participates as a team member by maintaining a positive, cooperative, and collaborative attitude with co-workers supervisors.
- Adheres to the agency’s code of conduct, knows the related rules, regulations and standards of the position and carries out job responsibilities in an ethical, effective manner and in compliance with all requirements.
- Explains procedure(s) to clients/consumers and informs of delays or changes.
- Serves as a resident/client/consumer advocate in the community and in the residence.
- Demonstrates a flexible and open attitude towards new ideas or methods.
- Manages assets within employee’s control, including equipment, supplies and other services requiring expenditures.
- Uses equipment in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to provide age appropriate and specific care to residents/consumers/clients.
- Demonstrates efficient use of time.
- Assists and facilitates residents in all daily routines within the residence and community, assuring compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Assures safety and security of residents within residence and community.
- Assists residents in maintaining/improving daily living skills/hygiene and fosters increased independence whenever possible.
- Assists resident’s/clients/consumer with individual goals and documents progress as set in each individual’s personal plan.
- Assists residents in meal preparation, as applicable and assures appropriate diet. Able to cook simple meals for residents.
- Observes and promptly reports changes in physical and/or mental condition of residents to Residential Manager or other designated staff.
- Assists in meeting the recreational, emotional, and spiritual needs of residents within the residence and the community; is concerned with the individual as a person.
- Follows prescribed plans for the program and each resident within the residence and the community.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects the privacy and the rights of the residents.
- Accurately completes all documentation and applicable forms relating to resident care and program activities.
- Accurately dispenses and securely stores medications in compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and other staff related events. Attends applicable staff training as assigned/scheduled.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and pleasant physical environment throughout the residence and program. Promptly reports hazards and maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Reports to work on time. Follows department's policy regarding calling out from work when the need arises.
- Cooperates with Licensee and Division staff in any inspection or investigation.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.