Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community, located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Director of Assisted Living. The incumbent will be responsible for the supervision of all licensed professionals and certified nursing assistants within the Assisted Living and Memory Support Units in the performance of their daily assigned duties. This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Directly supervises staff within the Assisted Living and Memory Support Units during the performance of their duties.
- Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for or assists staff with admissions, transfers and emergencies within the continuum of care.
- Perform or assists with resident assessments upon admission, following an incident or during the performance of daily assigned duties.
- Document all significant reported/observed medically related events or incidents within the resident’s file as outlined by all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Relay pertinent information to all appropriate staff, physicians, responsible parties, licensing agencies as well as any other lawful authority as indicated by scope of event or incident as it relays to insuring the safety and well being of each residents.
- Assist with the completion of the resident’s Plan of Care and MDS 2.0 especially in the absence of the MDS Coordinator.
- Assist with implementation of a 24 hour Individual Plan of Care and other services in the Memory Support Unit.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, health related and psychosocial needs, serves as a health educator per resident need and/or request.
- Insure appropriate number of staff is available for each shift in the event of a call-in or “no show”.
- Analyze nursing staff performance i.e. Completion of mandatory assessments, falls, B & B, pain, etc.
- Participate in evaluating potential residents for skilled and assisted by reviewing medical records assessments, interviews, as well as possible hospital visits.
- Assume responsibility as Skilled Nursing Unit supervisor in the absence of the Skilled Nursing Unit Manager.
- Assist with emergencies within the continuum of care in the ILU and SNU.
- Assist nursing department when call outs result in short staffing by assuming responsibilities of a charge nurse, ie. Dispensing resident medications.
- Audit charts and documentations for compliance and ensure all documentation is current.
- Provide a therapeutic and safe environment in the residents personal and common areas while compensating for cognitive, physical and sensory impairment.
- Implements the delivery of service for all residents in ALU and Memory Support Unit. Also IL and SNF when requested.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and all correspondence for the management of the AL and Memory Support Units.
- Acts as a liaison between the facility, community, family council and responsible parties in all forms of communication. This includes advocating residents’ rights, care issues, and coordinating with the social worker to obtain basic needs such as, but not limited to, personal items and clothing from the families.
- Oversees the implementation of behavior interventions to deal with disruptive behaviors.
- Practice Standard Precautions; practice safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.