Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Duties include the following:
The Villa, LSMNJ's senior care community located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a per diem Driver. Under the direction of the Director of Community Life, the incumbent is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of residents, including transport of residents, meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any other transportation as deemed necessary. This position is also responsible for communicating any safety issue to the Director of Community Life.
Duties include the following:
Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
- Responsible for passengers during transport, providing care in a manner which ensures participant satisfaction.
- Follows assigned schedule and makes adjustments to meet unanticipated changes while considering the needs of the participant and requirements of the facility. Communicates these changes to Director of Community Life.
- Operates all equipment safely and in compliance with vehicle licensing regulations.
- Maintains and completes daily required records: i.e. pre- and post-trip inspections, gasoline purchases.
- Immediately reports any vehicle or cell phone operating problems, malfunction, or incident out of the ordinary to the Director of Plant Operations for repair.
- Transports participants to and from medical/specialist appointments and activities outings as requested by the interdisciplinary team via the plan of care.
- Provides physical assistance to each participant when needed as s/he boards and debarks from the program's vehicles.
- Ensures vehicle equipment is maintained and operating within manufacturer's recommendations, replacing supplies as needed.
- Communicates with Director of Community Life daily to be updated on resident conditions/changes, plan of care changes, or interdisciplinary team requests.
- Follows facility policies and procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information about participants, clients or families.
- Handles potentially infectious fluids (e.g. blood, urine, and emesis) with appropriate biohazard precautions and practices Universal Precautions.
- Participates in and supports Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings.
- Participates in and plans groups, games, dances, parties, movies, shows, crafts, picnics and related recreational/therapeutic activities, including driving for appointments and activities.
- Escorts residents to the areas in conformity with the approved activity schedule.
- Attends general staff meetings and mandated in-services.
- Charts all related documentation to the Community Life Department as required by applicable standards including assessments, status and episodic notes, calendars and activity attendance log.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.