Come find out why our team members voted us a GREAT PLACE TO WORK by Fortune Magazine!
Crane’s Mill, a premier continuing retirement community located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs. We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
- Provides direct care/services to the residents within the scope of duties and responsibilities and in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Supervises Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Supervise Certified Nursing Assistants in the performance of their daily assigned duties.
- Appropriately interacts with resident’s, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide direct care/services to the residents within the scope of duties and responsibilities and in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Assist with admissions, transfer and emergencies within the continuum of care.
- Perform and/or assists with resident assessments upon admission and/or following an incident or during the performance of daily assigned duties.
- Assist with the development of the resident’s Plan of Care and MDS 3.0 within the guidelines of all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Administer and/or supervise the appropriate dispensing of resident medications.
- Document all significant reported and observed medically related events or incidents within the resident’s file as outlined by all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Document all pertinent medical information in the electronic medical records (EMR) systems including VISION and RL6 event reporting while maintaining strict resident confidentially and compliance with HIPPA.
- Relay pertinent information to all appropriate staff, physicians, responsible parties, licensing agencies as well as any other lawful agency as indicated by scope of event or incident as it relays to insuring the safety and well being of each resident.
- Provide services to residents in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the Lutheran Social Ministries Code of Ethics.
- Meets all training requirements including Silver Chair.
- Practice Standard Precautions; practices the safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization’s Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.