Come find out why LSMNJ was voted a Great Place to Work by our Employees!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Villa, a 5 STAR senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God’s love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
Completes weekly and monthly PM schedules accurately and timely with appropriate documentation.
- Responds to internal calls and pages and addresses all issues.Repairs resident’s beds/call bells. Inspects equipment. Repair/replace parts.
4. Performs carpentry, plastering and painting.
5. Checks/repairs alarms and locks.
6. Inspects boilers and HVAC units daily.
7. Inspects and tests electrical equipment and documents such task.
8. Provides snow removal services.
9. Reports incidents/accidents.
10. Cleans and maintains work areas.
11. Provides weekly cleaning of resident wheelchairs.
12. Follows all universal precautions and follows established fire procedures.
13. Alerts Director of Plant Operations of any safety issues within the building.
14. Maintains a safe and hazard free environment and report any such violation to Administrator/designee.
15. Provides all maintenance and upkeep of all resident wheelchairs.
16. Maintains facility per State and Federal regulation, fire safety regulations, OSHA regulations and Township Codes.
17. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.